- There’s always something going on in this village of ours…
….check it out below.
- PAYMENT TERMS:
- There is a minimum deposit of £30 payable on booking OR you may pay the full amount.
- The final amount is due 7 days prior to the event.
- Payment by cheque (payable to Porthtowan Village Hall), cash or bank transfer (sort code 090151/account number 92538306).
- If you would like a receipt please send a self addressed envelope.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
The hall is a charity and run by a team of volunteers.
- The hall has internet access. Let us know if you require connection details. Please use the internet responsibly.
- If you require the bar there will be an additional charge of £50.
- All alcohol consumed on the premises must be supplied by the Hall, unless an arrangement has been made with the Bar Manager in which case there will be a corkage charge of £3 per bottle.
- There is a cleaning charge of £30 for all weddings and parties. This is to ensure the hall adheres to the health and safety standards for other users.
- Any equipment brought in to the hall must be properly maintained, tested and operated by an appropriately trained person.
- Our insurance does not extend to contents belonging to the hirer, or their contractors, who must arrange separate insurance in their own name if they require cover.
- Our insurance does not extend to commercial hirers who must have their own cover in place
HALL USER RULES
- All users must sign in and out of the visitors book.
- No smoking is allowed within the premises.
- Children are to be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Do not obstruct any fire doors or exits.
- The heating controls are not to be touched or altered.
- It is the hirers responsibility to set up the hall to their requirements.
- The kitchen is available for use, with your own supplies, and must be left clean and tidy after use.
- The stage may only be used with prior agreement.
- The Hall must be left ‘as found’, returning all furniture/equipment to its original place.
- When stacking the chairs please do not stack them more than 6 high and stack like with like to prevent them becoming unstable.
- Take care when stacking the tables and use the safety straps to secure them and prevent them falling.
- Please remove all rubbish and recycling (recycling facilities are provided in the beach car park).
ON LEAVING THE HALL PLEASE ENSURE THAT:
- The floor is swept.
- Doors are closed and the kitchen door is checked from the outside and locked.
- All taps are turned off.
- The toilets are left clean and tidy.
- All lights are switched off.
- The hall is left “as found”.
- All furniture/equipment used is returned to its original place.
- The cleaning cupboard is locked.
- The alarm is set.
It’s Back – The Great Porthtowan Duck Race
Having made way for the Queen’s Jubilee Party in 2012, the Great Porthtowan Duck Race this year is on Sunday 3rd August 2014.
50 ducks (plastic) will be let loose on the river in a series of races with fantastic prizes to be won.
It’s an event not to be missed!